Bilingual Certified Diabetes Educator (Part Time)
Fit4D seeks to hire a bilingual (Spanish & English) Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) to work directly with patients via our technology platform. Part time positions telecommute from a home office.
- Directly provide diabetes education and support on the phone with patients on behalf of our clients with the goal of improving adherence and health outcomes
- Establish therapeutic alliances quickly over the phone across a broad range of personality types
- Act as an outstanding patient motivator
- Present online webinars (not required but preferred)
POSITION SKILL REQUIREMENT:
- Must have a current Certificate of Diabetes Education (with accompanying clinical degree)
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English
- Ability to work 20 hours/week including some evenings and Saturdays, cannot be working another full time job simultaneously
- Must live in the USA
- Have a home office setup for private patient conversations with high-speed internet
- Able to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Comfortable using technology (electronic medical records, social media, Microsoft Office, Phone Apps etc.)
- Flexibility in recognizing different patient needs and adapt to using different communication approaches to best serve the patient
- Wants to improve the lives of people with diabetes!